1. Accept(Verb)- consent to receive
A. My mom accepted my dads proposal, but it took her 14 years.
B. A women accepting a wedding ring.
A. At Walmart dogs are not aloud except guide dogs, so we left our dog at home.
B. A notice about dogs that aren't
3. Affect(Verb)- To make a difference to something
A. The affect of you pushing someone is you pushing them, but if you get pushed that is the effect.
B. Someone getting pushed into water.
4. Effect(Noun)- Consequence of ones action
A. Although the effect is getting pushed into water, my brother said it was the affect.
B. Someone in water after being pushed
5. Principle(Noun)- a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning.
6. Allusion(Noun)- an expression designed to call something to mind without mentioning it explicitly; an indirect or passing reference
7. Onomatopoeia(Noun)- a sound associated with what is named
A. Although my brother thought onomatopoeia is a pea, its not.
B. The car is vrooming
8. Alliteration(Noun)- the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.
A. How Howard hid Helen hippopotamus, is humble.
B. A alliteration about a boy picking pickled peppers.
9. Irony(Noun)- A contrast between what is expected and what actually happens
A. My cousin was expecting a girl, but ironically she had a boy.
B. Stone talking about irony as irony happens.
10. Figurative(Adjective)- Departing from literal use if words
A. Not many people know what figurative is, but I do now.
B. The boy is listening