Vocabulary Week; 24-28 Naive, Niche, obliterate, gratify, infinite
1. A; Naive(Adjective)- Lack of intelligence
B; Eythan asked why we had to school, so I told him when we are young we are naive.
2. A; Niche(Verb)- Postion
B; MY coach yelled get to your niche, but no one knew what niche ment.
C; Third base player
3. A; Obliterate(Verb)- Completely Destroy
B; The man obliterated his bloody clothes, so no one knows he killed John.
C; Wrecking ball
4. A; Gratify(Verb)- Satisfaction
B; Although most people think that the future tense of gratify is gratifing, it is not.
6. A; Coefficient- The numerical factor of a term(noun)
B; 4 is the coefficient in the term 4x, and x is the coefficient in x(a + b).
7. A; multiplicative inverse-two numbers with a product of 1, also known as the reciprocal of a number
8. A; identity-An equation that is true for every value of the variable.
9. A;null set-empty set, meaning there is no solution for an equation
10. A;properties-statements that are true for all numbers